Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cereal for 80 cents a box!



Safeway is having a special right now on a whole lot of items!  I went there this week and saved $100 with coupons and sales.

When I was walking down the cereal aisle, I noticed a coupon dispenser.  It was for 70 cents off a box of Corn Pops, Fruit Loops, and one other cereal.  I can't remember because I only bought the Corn Pops.  They are $1.50 a box if you buy five.  If you use five of their coupons (right there in the aisle), it's only 80 cents a box.

Guess who bought five boxes?

Another deal I got was Nature Valley Nut Clusters for 50 cents because they are $1.50 if you buy five or more of the mix and match products.  Use the coupon from here and you save $1.  Make sure to use your browser's back button to print a second coupon.

Here's the link to the Safeway ad. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this takes me back to when the kids were kids and they trolled the kitchen constantly. My fallback position was always cereal. And when we traveled I first started putting chips and cookies in the car for snacks, but those get old fast. Then I started putting boxes of cereal in the car. We all liked that better. I also had a friend with six kids. She and her husband got divorced and she fed the kids eggs for breakfast instead of cereal because she couldn't afford it. The kids would buy cereal with their own money for a snack. Why? you ask couldn't she afford cereal for the kids. Because her husband never came across with the child support. His reason? and I quote "I won't have enough money for (enter girlfriend's name here) if I give that much money to you." He was a charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE nature valley nut clusters! those things are my favorite can't wait to save this week! love ya!!

    ReplyDelete