Thursday, March 4, 2010

Target Deal

I went to Target yesterday and bought $67.97 worth of merchandise for $4.81 out of pocket... I went to the pharmacy first and transferred four prescriptions and used their transfer a prescription and get a $10 gift card deal. While I was waiting (and waiting) on my prescriptions, I shopped. I had my big coupon binder (thanks, Collin at hip2save.com) and perused the sales and the samples.

I had:
  • 7 $1.50 off of Kashi Heart to Heart Cereal coupons.
  • 1 free box of Kashi Heart to Heart
  • 2 $1 off peelies for Kashi Cereal (and other Kashi coupons to use later included)
  • 2 $1 off 2 Old Spice Deodorant and Body & Wash
  • 2 $1 off of two Right Guard Deodorant
  • 2 $2 off of Gillette Body Wash Coupons
  • 2 Buy a Gillette Deodorant and get a free body wash coupons
  • 1 $1 off of two Ball Park Franks coupon
  • 1 $1 off of 1 Degree Deodorant coupon
  • 1 .55 off of Satin Care
So I got 10 boxes of Kashi, 1 loaf of bread, 1 jar of applesauce, 4 Old Spice travel size body wash, 4 Right Guard travel deodorants, 2 Gillette sport clinical deodorants (gym bag size), 2 full size Gillette Body Wash, 2 packages of hot dogs, 1 travel size Satin Care, and one Degree deodorant.

My total before coupons was $67.97. After coupons it was $24.81. I used two of the gift cards I got from my prescriptions and payed the $4.81 out of my pocket.

I bought 28 items and paid 5.8 cents for each. YOWZA!!! That's a deal.

6 comments:

  1. Ok. That is amazing! I have a terrible habit that if there is a place to post a comment, I do. On Facebook, blogs, and wherever. Got to shop more at Target and watch for the deals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SWEET!! great deals!! love ya cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsa!!! Could you tell me more about your big coupon binder? How do you organize it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,

    I use a 3" binder with plastic dividers. For the coupons, I use game card page protectors to hold them and organize them. I have several packs of them and it makes it quite easy to see what you have and when they expire.

    I learned the methods from several different websites, but mainly hip2save.com.

    HTH,

    Kandi

    PS, I know I told you at school this afternoon but I wanted to post it, too, so that everyone else would know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kandi! I just figured you told me again since you saw how well I remembered the copy number at school :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friday night I found a receipt holder/organizer at Fred Meyer in Redmond for about $3.00. They also had coupon organizers but I felt they were too small. I was so excited about my purchase! I have been looking for one for months and finally found one.
    Took it to the store on Sat and was happy to have them all in one place and I used quite a few. Thnaks for inspiring us Kandi!

    ReplyDelete